According to the American Psychiatric Association, there is pathological gambling when they meet at least five of the following circumstances:
* 1. Growing concern for the game.
* 2. Need to gamble with increasing amounts of money to achieve the desired excitement.
* 3. Repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, stop or leave the game.
* 4. Restlessness or irritability when attempting to stop or leave the game.
* 5. The game is used as a strategy to escape problems.
* 6. After losing money gambling, often returns to play to get even.
* 7. Lies to family members or others to conceal the extent of involvement in gambling.
* 8. Committed illegal acts such as forgery, fraud, theft or embezzlement to finance gambling.
* 9. Has jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job or career opportunities due to gambling.
* 10. It relies on others to provide money to relieve the financial situation caused by gambling.
It is important to take into account the following recommendations:
- You must play at their own initiative.
- Never spend more than they can afford.
- Never play if:
or is a minor.
or affects the personal or professional relationships.
or is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
o Your objective is to recover losses.
If you are playing Casino pc games online, the online gambling website has to take the following measures to reduce gambling problems:
Maximum income-daily / weekly / monthly.
Content-filter to protect children.
-Choice of expulsion by the operator (closing / locking of the account).
-Online access to Game History (bets, bet amounts, earnings, detailed game results, date and exact time of the game).
-Online access to bank statements (deposits and withdrawals made by the player).
On Moderate and Responsible Gaming
In the following lines will review the most common symptoms of a possible gambling addiction and what measures can be taken to overcome it.
Increasingly, the things that increase the list of possible addictions: alcohol, snuff, food, shopping ... The game is another of those whose risks are greater when it comes to online gaming.
How I can know I have a gambling addiction?
There are several behaviors that may reveal a problem of compulsive gambling. The following list will help you analizarte and discover if this is your case, or if you could be at a higher risk, read it and note how many of the behaviors presented you feel identified. It is important to be as honest as possible, at least with yourself. If you score more than five of them, get help, because it is very possible that present an addiction
* Spending more money than planned for every time I play
* If something or someone interrupts me while I play, I get very nervous and even tend to irritate
* I try to gamble to try to recover my losses
* I lose track of time and just playing for longer than originally planned
* Lie about what I do to people very close to me.
* I can not stop playing when I win, but continued even after having lost considerable sums of money
* I strongly believe that good prizes won
* When I lose, I think it's because I did not play well enough and I blame myself for this
* More and more time and money in the game
* I need to bet larger and larger amounts to get the same feeling of excitement and fun
* Spend more time playing than my family and friends think
* I tend to choose to play over my family and friends
Denial is half the problem
To develop a compulsive gambling problem is not an active decision, but completely subconscious, making it very difficult to overcome when you have - good intentions and desire to play less will not suffice.
You can only find adequate resources to tackle it and get over it if you admit having a problem. Start by repeat it to yourself: "I'm addicted to the game", and see how you feel and try to internalize
You're not alone
Many people, having or having had the same problem as you, understand what you're going through. Contact relevant support groups, tell them what happens to you and ask for advice. It could change your life. If you know of any, check out our list of Spanish organizations to help people addicted to gambling
The game can be fun. even when it involves betting, but not when what we bet is our welfare and our associates.